Tuesday, July 6, 2010

a real blog (maybe)

I took AIR CANADA to Quebec & London [My first time taking anything other than KoreanAir] The food was half-decent (I'd rather much have bibimbap and honeyroasted peanuts than extremely salty chicken and scones...but I guess it was good training for what I would experience here).

After landing in Heathrow Airport (in London), I took the National Express, a coach (more commonly known as charter buses to Americans), to Cambridge and stayed at the YHA (youth hostel) right around the corner from the city centre.

Because I had had too much salty food in and between flights, I decided to find some sushi for dinner. Looks cute, right? The little soy sauce containers are little fish. Unfortunately, the price wasn't too cute. It cost me approximately 12 gbp for this 6pc maki & 3pc nigiri combo... (that's alike $18)
T^T I'm guessing I'll have to cut down on my sushi intake (I miss Tadashi...).

I walked around for a while after dinner, enjoying the sunset...until I looked at my watch and realized that it was already 10:00pm. HUH? What I had thought of as dinner was actually my late night meal. I found out that, in Cambridge, it does not get dark until about 10:30 or 11:00pm. absolutely ridiculous!!!

I have been having irregular sleeping patterns since getting here. Actually, they're pretty 'regular' except that I go to sleep once the sun sets, and wake up once the sun rises, which turns out to be from midnight 'til around 4:00am. My father would be proud.

The next couple of days, I just checked out the town and sat around people-watching, getting used to the atmosphere around the city centre.


(found my korean fix)


(it's centuries old )

I'm still trying to see if blogspot and I are compatible, so bear with me <3

1 comment:

  1. little seoul looks so hip and 70's! haha

    ReplyDelete