I dozed off while driving on the freeway tonight.
I must have been going well over 80mph when I opened my eyes to see a car just inches in front of me.
I stepped on the brakes and turned the wheel in an attempt to avoid a clash,
and then it was all a blur.
For some reason, my vision became blurred and my mind only half-conscious of my actions.
My car turned in circles and swerved all over the entire 5 lanes of the freeway, as I saw flashes of light coming my way. I felt my arms go limp, but my hands moving the wheels this and that way, and without thought, I felt myself slowly braking and releasing, braking and releasing.
I counted my car turn eight complete times, the sound of tires screeching against the pavement.
But somehow, every car that came close disappeared, somehow, I was physically turning the wheel and braking, yet there was no tension in my arms or legs; my state of mind as though I was seeing things through blurred lenses - as though my eylids were open and my sense of vision was left on while my brain comatose.
The car came to a stop amidst the smell of burning rubber.
I had stopped parallel the way of traffic, the sound of speeding cars passing bringing home the reality of the danger I had experienced and the miracle that had manifested. I was stopped off the road, on an island part of pavement between the splitting off of two freeways.
My life had flashed before my eyes, and I had watched it happen as though through the lenses of a third party. I had felt disconnected, and had had a certain calmness overtaking me. I had seen my hands move and my feet step, yet I had felt as though I was watching them through fogged up glass.
Divine intervention? I think not; I know so.
Praise the LORD.
I'm alive and well, His spirit lives within me.
No comments:
Post a Comment